JOB OPENING: OPERATIONS MANAGER
We’re back with a fun new job opening! A boat trips company is looking for a qualified Operations Manager. Are you a great planner and able to think ahead of everyone else? Read on to find out more about this job opening, because this could be your new job in Punta Cana!
Boat trips company
A small boat trips company that organizes fun one-of-a-kind excursion from Punta Cana is looking for an Operations Manager. The boats that this company has are suitable for small groups of 4-10 people, or larger parties of 25. No matter who you take on this trip, this company ensures everyone has a memorable trip!
Daily tasks as an Operations Manager
Sounds like your kind of company? Are you into organizing great days out for enthusiastic travelers? Are you a social, but highly practical planner bee? For this job opening as an Operations Manager, you will be ensuring that everything’s working in a correct, cost-effective and timely manner while keeping everyone up to date with reorganized documents, new bookings, and safety requirements.
You will look at improving operational systems that help the company’s wellbeing. Furthermore, you’ll be creating strategies and focusing on the management of the company, contributing to the improvement of the profit. This means you’re not a follower. Rather, you’ll always be one step ahead of the team, deciding on the best way to move the company forward. Almost a bit like the captain on a boat… Too far? Ok.
You will be:
- The first point of communication, doing bookings and speaking (and typing) to clients, tour operators and the employees;
- In charge of the booking calendar and keeping it up to date. As an orderly person, documents are going to be your thing. You’ll also be creating training manuals for all positions within the team, alongside of updating and digitalizing all the companies documents;
- Providing a monthly overview of all bookings, payments, commissions, and salaries, well-structured by date;
- Holding weekly meetings with the staff.
- Hosting the clients, welcoming them prior to the trip and explaining them all safety rules & regulations;
- Supervising the maintenance of the boats, communicating with the captains to ensure the safety of the boats.
- Training the staff and creating training manuals for them.
- Keeping track of the inventory of the boats.
- An absolute star at planning and organizing;
- Social and able to communicate with different kinds of people;
- Not afraid to take the lead and manage staff;
- Detailed and secure: you don’t struggle to keep a structured overview;
- An enthusiastic strategist at heart;
- Someone with 2+ years of experience in operations & management.
You up for the task? Email your cover letter (motivation) and cv to [email protected].
Did you see another job opening in Punta Cana? Don’t hesitate to notify us! Tag us using #becomebop or @bestofpuntacanaofficial!
Keep checking become BOP for more job openings in the area.