Job Opening: Executive Chef wanted in Punta Cana!
We don’t know how you stumbled upon this vacancy – you’re always in the kitchen trying out new recipes, usually. Now that you’re here, though, let us tell you about the vacancy. A soon to be opened new restaurant in Punta Cana is looking for a qualified and confident Executive Chef. Looking for a job in food? Let’s go.
The new restaurant in Punta Cana will be the newest hotspot in town. Located in Bavaro, this new restaurant will bring guests a different food experience. From early in the morning until late, foodies can enjoy the most creative dishes and drinks. This restaurant’s on a new level: innovation is key. The concept? Sharing. Small, exciting dishes will be presented to a table of friends, family or lovers. Everyone will be able to taste a bit of everything, discovering new flavors and textures. Your job? To create this experience.
Daily tasks as an Executive Chef
Sounds like something you want to be a part of? Inspired to run the kitchen? This restaurant is looking for an executive chef responsible for directing and administering the planning, prep, production and control of all culinary operations in the kitchen. You will be in full charge of concept, production, and execution. Next, to this, you’ll make an effort to deliver outstanding hospitality and service, and make sure the finances are in order. The restaurant is looking for an ambitious chef eager to perform all their tasks to the highest standards.
You will be
- Inspecting supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards. Next to this, you will of course be checking the quality of the products;
- Preparing and cooking foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions. Plus, you’ll determine the presentation of both food and food displays;
- Collaborating with staff to plan and develop recipes and menus, considering things like seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers;
- Determining production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services. Monitoring sanitation practices is part of your job, too;
- Recruiting and hiring staff, including cooks and other kitchen workers. Choose a good team!
- Instructing cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food. If necessary, you’ll demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff;
- Ordering food and other supplies needed (and checking the quantity and quality of products) to ensure efficient operation;
- Controlling food waste and making sure unused food is returned to the store room on a daily basis for credit;
- Analyzing recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs. Moreover, you will be meeting with sales representatives to negotiate prices;
- Meeting with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
- An executive chef with 2+ years of experience;
- A hard worker with a good overview of the kitchen;
- Not afraid to take the lead and manage staff;
- Detailed and good at managing administrative structural tasks;
- Excited about running your own kitchen!
Thinking, let me have that kitchen? Come and talk to us! Email your cover letter (motivation) and cv to email@example.com
Don’t hesitate to notify us of other job openings you might have seen in Punta Cana! Tag us using #becomebop or @bestofpuntacanaofficial!